Fire Warden Training Course
The person responsible for the day to day running of the premises is legally obliged to nominate competent persons to take charge in a fire emergency. These competent persons are known as fire wardens or marshalls. We provide fire warden training to ensure your staff are trained to act responsibly in an emergency situation, and take charge of a designated area where they work. More importantly these people must instruct others on what to do and ensure correct company procedures are followed, thereby ensuring everyone remains safe and in most cases outside the building.
They are also expected to oversee fire prevention on a daily basis and report any building faults that may arise.
Designed to enable you the Employer and your staff to meet the requirements of Fire Safety Legislation.
On successful completion of the fire warden training course, students are issued with a certificate.
- Fire Statistics
- Fire Safety legislation
- Fire hazards and risks in the workplace
- Understanding the principals of fire
- Factor and nature of losses
- Combustion and fire spread
- General Fire Safety and Fire Precautions
- The importance of fire escape routes and smoke travel
- Human behaviour in a fire situation
- Evacuation procedures
- Classifications of fire
- Types of fire extinguishers and methods of operation
- Practical fire extinguisher training
- Course debrief and questions
All delegates on completion of the course will receive an academy certificate of attendance.